Local to Canford Crossing (within leisurely walking distance):
The Fox and Hounds – Is a 5 minute walk from Canford Crossing B&B on the opposite side of the roundabout and has a varied menu catering for most dietary requirements. The bar also has a good range of Ales (IPA, Little Canford Ale, Abbot Ale and Old Speckled Hen), Guinness and Lager; Amstel, Peroni and San Miguel).
The Old Thatch – only a 10-15 minute stroll away, this independent pub sits on the site of a former gatehouse to the Uddens estate dating back to the 17th Century. They stock a good range of real ales and lagers and have an excellent, varied and very reasonably priced menu.
If you don’t mind a short drive, bus ride or taxi, we particularly recommend:
- Ferndown Forest Inn – the club house for the Ferndown Forest Golf Club only a short 2 mile drive from the Canford Bottom along the A31 to the next roundabout going east and take the 11st exit and enjoy 20% off food and 20% golf!
- Rimjhim – an excellent Indian and Nepalese food in the centre of Wimborne
- Chef da China – a Chinese restaurant next to the Ferndown Forest Golf Club
- Topogigio’s – an independent Italian restaurant in the centre of Wimborne
- The Taphouse – Real Ale specialist – only over 21s (a personal favourite of Terry’s)
- The Old Inn – A newly refurbished The Old Inn is a traditional country pub in the heart of the idyllic village of Holt. Situated close to the historic town of Wimborne Minster, about 3 miles from Canford Crossing.
Garden Centres with Restaurants
- There are a number of garden centres in the area – Click Here for details